Developing an aikido-inspired course for psychotherapists and other caretakers

Welcome to Applied Aikido Forums Forum for non domain specific topics Developing an aikido-inspired course for psychotherapists and other caretakers

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Linda said that her experience in aikido was little compared to the other members of the group. That may be so, but she can put this smaller experience to bigger results than I can, because she has a practice and I do not. This brings me to two questions:
    – Is it a good idea to develop an aikido-inspired course for psychotherapists (and other caretakers) who want to bring the body experience into the practice?
    – Would there be interest in such a course?

Yes, I believe it is a – good idea to develop an aikido-inspired course for psychotherapists (and other caretakers) who want to bring the body experience into the practice-
    I find that there is a growing # of psychotherapists in my trainings and the work works well for them to explore places in themselves and working with clients. and Yes, interested in exploring and expanding that course.

Participant

Greetings All,
    Happy to be in this conversation.
    Just to reiterate: We have programs already developed and being implemented for 20 years. They are specifically designed for training licensed psychotherapists, addiction counselors, and other care givers in the field of human service. Our programs are clinically grounded and proven effective and authorized by the State to provide continuing education units for psychotherapists, social workers, psychologists, and teachers. These Aiki-based somatic psychology training programs are tailored to include assessment and treatment intervention protocols for mental health treatment practitioners in the realms of mind, mood, developmental variants, addiction, and trauma. Let’s continue this conversation on how we can best facilitate these certified types of trainings for your community.

Hi Mark,

As you already have a programme design it makes sense to perhaps use that as a working model to begin with. It could also be interesting to adapt into a model for aiki business 😉. Mindfulness, somatic connection and EQ are really developing a momentum in the corporate world!

Cheers,

Participant

Hi Mark,

Apologies are maybe in place. We have not been paying attention. How does Lynda’s idea sound to you? What do you see as the next step in sharing. I visited your websites and saw that The Embodiment of Peace Matrix© course takes two days. Is that correct?

Participant

Hello Hans,
    Thanks for being in the conversation. I am seeing this as simply a process of further clarification and inquiry.
    The Matrix training you saw on the website was a workshop for continuing education units. It was not a complete certified training in the Matrix which, is 4 days. The full training provides for participants to utilize the Matrix as a fully integrated and complete program. It is adaptable to varied domains. The next step would be to gather on the mat, with a group of those interested.
    In Gratitude and Harmony,
    Mark

Participant

Hello Mark,
    Thanks for clarifying. I was afraid you would say that gathering on the mat would be the next logical step, but I am not surprised. 😉

Small problem: you live in the USA and I in Europe. Before I plan a trip to your dojo, maybe it’s wise to check for alternatives. Do you have plans to visit Europe? Or are there people in Europe that are also qualified to give the training?

Another question: Are there others in this conversation that are interested in this course?

Look forward to your answer and I hope that others will react as well.

Participant

Hello again Hans,
    Yes, if there is enough interest we would be happy to travel to Europe.
    The other email did not get into the group reply so I’ll include it here:
    In Harmony,
    Mark

Hello Hans,
    Yes, a small but easily solved problem I think. The only trainers currently are here in the US and only Two Rivers Consulting is currently able to train trainers. One solution would be to put together a training, maybe at your dojo or another where we could assemble. An introductory 2-day training would not make much sense especially if there is interest in becoming a certified trainer for the Matrix. Offering an experiential workshop to psychotherapists, psychologists, social workers, educators, and school counselors who need to obtain continuing education credits is a good draw. I don’t know the laws and regulations in Europe regarding such. Then, similar to traditional Aikido seminars, a training fee to cover expenses would be appropriate. Those details can be addressed should there be enough interest to move in that direction.
    In harmony,
    Mark

Hallo Mark,

You are right. That would be a solution.
    To be sure: Do I understand correctly that you suggest to come to Europe if there is enough interest in the Matrix-training?
    That would be great!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.