The Applied Aikido Association was established to bring together and support Applied Aikido Practitioners.
What is an Applied Aikido Practitioner?
An Applied Aikido Practitioner is someone who has practised aikido, and who applies aikido theory, principles and/or practices off the mat in teaching, training, coaching, mentoring, speaking or publishing.
Their audience could be individuals, groups, schools, or businesses. Their topic could be stress management, resilience, performance, creativity, comunication or conflict management.
They could be offering this as a free community service, or as a part-time or full-time paid practice.
What the association offers
The Applied Aikido Association was created to help applied aikido practitioners in various ways:
- Meet other practitioners and exchange ideas.
- Learn different aspects of a professional practice, such as pedagogy, speaking, publishing or running a business.
- A platform to publish their works on applied aikido practice, for the practitioner or the consumer.
- Gain recognition and authority with backing from the association.
- Connect with customers.
- Collectively promote applied aikido to the community, schools and businesses.
- Collectively build the brand and positioning of Applied Aikido globally.
Planned activities of the association
The association is young and growing. As the needs of the members are clarified, the following may be become available:
- International directory of practitioners.
- Referrals from enquiring prospects.
- Members-only online courses.
- Repository of articles, white papers, research papers, etc.
- Forum to discuss issues amongst practitioners.
- Regular livestream to YouTube and Facebook, featuring practitioners and guests.
- Regular online single- or multi-day events where practitioners can showcase their knowledge.
And other services in the pipeline!
How to join the association?
Please take advantage of our Early Bird Membership offer, become an affiliate member.
We will take further contact with you if you want to become a PRO member
You can also contact the association and submit:
- Your aikido grading credentials.
- Evidence of aikido practice.
Applied Aikido Practice
- The name of your practice.
- Evidence of applied aikido practice.
- A written explanation of what you offer, in what forms (e.g. workshops, coaching), who and where your target markets are, and how you see your practice benefiting society and building the reputation of aikido.
Discounted Early Bird subscription fees.